You are not logged in.

julie101

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 8:57am

low pressure on multiple zones

1st zone on the line works and the last zone on the line works (but there are just a few heads on this zone), all others have low pressure and just trickle. I've replaced the double back flow preventer, checked the water pressure on the house, it 60 psi. No leaks anywhere (water meter not moving), put new valve on 1 zone to see if it corrected the problem, NO. Removed heads on 2 zones and blew the line, I've looked for pinched line on the main pipe by a tree, nothing. We also have a water spigot coming off the main sprinkler line in the backyard and it has 60 psi. The backflow and meter are at the front of the house. This all started when we repaired a pin hole leak in a pipe at the main water meter, The check valve T's right off the main. The 1st valve is a couple feet from check valve and working. We can't think of anything else to check.

mrfixit

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 12:06pm

Make sure all the shut off valves are turned back on all the way. Even at the water meter.

Is there a pressure regulator attached to the supply line? There's a good chance it's gone bad.

Is there a master valve on the system?

Is there a filter somewhere that might be clogged?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 18th 2016, 1:33pm)

julie101

Monday, June 20th 2016, 11:25am

All valves are closed going to the zones. The backflow is open to allow water to the system. No pressure regulator, master valve or filter on line. I replaced all heads on another zone and made sure I blew all heads and still low pressure. I found a very slow drip at a coupling on the primary sprinkler line and another drip on another zone lateral line.

mrfixit

Monday, June 20th 2016, 11:41am

Make sure the flow controls aren't turned down too far.

One time on a 1 1/2" system, both ball valves were bad at the backflow. The handles indicated the water was on all the way but the balls inside were only open part way. This created low pressure in all the zones. It's rare but possible. Hmm I see you replaced the backflow.

Did you check the shut off at the water meter? A partially open valve wont affect the pressure to your house just the flow.

Are there any old shut off valves? Gate valve or ball valve? Gate valves can break off inside so you think it's open when it's not.

Rate this thread