You are not logged in.

bassadict69

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 7:31pm

I am sorry...I thought I covered that but looks like I didn't. I have a 2hp centrifugal pump pulling from the lake through a 2 inch intake plumbing from about 40-50ft out, discharge is a 1 1/2 pvc running to the end of the dock at the bank that I have attached a hose spigot to. To that I am running a series of 3 water hoses and 3 heads.

Is there a way to check my pressure at the heads? Pressure at the end of the dock where I am hooking up water hoses is 48-50psi. I am running 3 gear driven heads right now feeding it with water hoses off the pump. Guess I can measure to see how far they are covering. Surely running 1 inch pvc for each run will provide at least a little better performance?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 6:52am

That pump could feed the entire yard in one zone, if you plumbed it to match its maximum capacity. With gear drive heads split into zones, they will perform worse than you see them do from your hoses. That is because you haven't run the hose water through electric zone valves with their pressure drop.

Stick with the Rainbird plan, because it will work even if the heads are throwing less than 30 feet.

bassadict69

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 7:45am

Great! Thank you so much for the help! Now, to start gathering parts!

Rate this thread