You are not logged in.

Nam11b

Friday, May 27th 2016, 9:01pm

Partial zone is weak

Hey all, newbie here, but it looks like you guys know what you are talking about.

Bought a house last year, sprinkler system was not working. Identified a broken ground wire and spliced in a new path from the controller. I had water, kind of, 3 of 4 zones worked. Identified a bad splice at the zone 3 valve. Got water to all zones now, but...

4 zone system, the backyard has 2 separate zones. After I got the system working, I noticed a dead area in the backyard. Not knowing the layout of the system, I dug up a couple heads looking for leaks and found a cut line at a rotor head. It looked like the previous owners had cut it and put an elbow in to keep the zone partially working, but killed the rest of the zone. I put a tee in, but found the 6 heads after that cut line (and now repaired line) were extremely weak. I assumed that it was a poorly designed system and I bought a 3/8 slip fitting with a 3/4 hose attachment and ran water straight to those last 6 heads. Results were similar, slightly stronger than the whole zone intact, but still very weak.

I think I may have a crushed or constricted line and I am going to need to dig starting from the last good rotor head to attempt to identify it. Is there an easier way to hunt for it? Am I missing something obvious? Before I start digging, I plan on popping out all of this heads and flushing that zone, but I have flow, so I am betting that is not the issue.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nam11b" (Jun 18th 2016, 8:04pm)

Nam11b

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 8:03pm

Anybody? Any ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 6:41am

Add a zone valve to feed the heads you reconnected. Best to assume the original design was flawed.

Rate this thread