You are not logged in.

MikeB

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 10:11pm

Control Valve Identification

I have a leaking valve that needs fixing. It was installed 20 or so years ago, however I am unable to identify the manufacturer. After digging out the valve box and applying a little water to get the crud off, to my surprise the valve color is WHITE. I am completely unfamiliar with this valve. It seems to have a 4 spoke flow rate handle in the center of the bonnet and four screws (un-slotted and looking more like tiny lag screws) a solenoid that is square looking from the top with rounded vertical edges. Is this an old version of a current manufacturer's product? The body of the valve and bonnet are square shaped with a slight bulge (think of a puffy square). The color really threw me.

mrfixit

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 10:54pm

I can picture in my head 3 different white valves that I've run across. None of them had 4 screws.
If you could upload a picture at www.tinypic.com then cut and paste the forum code here then we could see the valve.
This valve isn't white but it has four bolts. Silver Bullet

MikeB

Friday, June 17th 2016, 2:24pm

Control Valve Identification

I finally figured it out. It was a Weathermatic Silver Bullet 12000 series with flow control. Which brings me to a new question. I notice that the diaphragm has two very small pin holes in it. Why don't those cause a leak and allow water to pass through the diaphragm an into the downstream water. I ask because I have a leak in one of my valves. I think I have narrowed it down I think. I have 6 zones, how can I isolate the problem to the problem zone(s)? Can the flow control valve be used to close off a zone? What function does the bleed valve perform? Is there a comprehensive tutorial I can reference?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 7:58am

the 'pinholes' you see are part of the valve's control mechanism, and nothing to worry about - a 'reverse-flow' valve design allows for the diaphram pinholes without their causing any leaks

Rate this thread