You are not logged in.

BAGS

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 2:57am

Constant water flow, trying to pinpoint problem.

Constant water flow, trying to pinpoint problem.

Hi guys, I also have a similar problem. It takes some time but I eventually will have water filling my sidewalk working its way toward the street. I had all the valves replaced but still have the problem. I read in another post that occasionally the box can send a constant signal leaving the valve open just enough to trickle 24 hrs a day. I took out the wire for the zone I'm suspecting this morning and will monitor it over the next day. Also how do you adjust the valve pressure you mentioned? this could be another solution? If it is the box sending a constant signal what would be the fix for this? Thanks for any help.

BAGS

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 3:08am

Since my last post after unhooking the zone wire the water still continued to flow into sidewalk and slowly down street. I tried unplugging control box completely and still have water issue. The grass is saturated near the corner of my driveway and street but cant pinpoint exactly where its coming from. I can shut the main flow of water to sprinkler system inside my basement and everything will dry up in couple hours. Got to be a main line after the backflow right? I had sprinkler company out second time and the young 21 year old tried blaming that it could be water in my gutters that flow out into the yard. I tried explaining that everything dries up after I shut the main off but he wasn't buying it. He says the main line has so much pressure you would be able to pinpoint it immediately if it was cut. I'm lost at this point. Thanks for any info that I can try.

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 4:00am

If the water's coming out of a sprinkler then it's a valve problem.
If the water's coming out of the ground then it's a mainline problem.
Sounds like the mainline to me.
Let it dry up, turn the water back on and watch very carefully for water to appear. Start digging there and follow the water to the leak.