You are not logged in.

yddlhhd1

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 9:18pm

FIRST ZONE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS

I have a Watermaster 6 zone controller. I worked fine last year but when I tested it for the first time this year only zone one works. This happens when I try to do a short 2 minute test on each zone. The controller seems to recognize everything as zone 1. Any ideas on this problem. Thanks - Charles

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 3:53am

Are the valves all in different locations? Meaning is valve 1 isolated from the rest? It could be the common wire leading to valves 2-5 is bad. I suppose it doesn't matter where the valves are. They could all be in the same box and only valve 1 is hooked up to the common wire. Look at the color of the common wire on the controller. It's usually white but not always.

Or maybe the water's turned off to four of the valves. Try turning them on manually at the valve.

yddlhhd1

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 7:16pm

Thanks,

All the valves are together in a valve box. I checked and the white wire is the common and it seems to be in good shape and connected to all the valves in the box. I have noticed something else...when I try to move the sliding timer to different minutes it always reads 10 minutes. This is the same when I slide zone 1 to off and try to turn zone 2 - 6 on. I also did a reset on the controller. Nothing seemed to change my situation

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 9:59pm

Could be the controller. Swap the wires around. Put number 2 on the number 1 terminal and see if 2 comes on. If so the wiring's fine.

Can you turn the valves on manually at the valves? Make sure the flow controls aren't shut off all the way.

yddlhhd1

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 7:48pm

Flow controls are not shut off. I was able to turn valves on manually. I turned zones 1-4 off at the controller, leaving 5 & 6 on. I turned dial to all zones cycle once and pressed enter. Now 5 came on ???? I then turned all zones on at the controller, turned dial to all zones cycle once and watched all come on and cycle through 10 minute intervals. Unfortunately I still cannot change the time from 10 minutes no matter where I slide the timer scale 2 - 120 minutes.
Could my controller be flaky??