You are not logged in.

jrt13

Starting Member

Friday, May 20th 2016, 7:10am

Problems

ok, here is my situation. 2 weeks ago someone came out to check my system, its a toro vision 1 (ancient) So he set the timers, and ran a test, everything worked perfectly (a Saturday) so we set the schedule to run mon, wed and fri at 5am. when I woke up at about noon, one of the zones was still on (timer was set correctly) Turning off the main valve was the only way to stop it. I turned it back on and tried to test the zone again, now everything comes on as soon as I turn on the main valve in the house, there is very light pressure because they are all on, even if the timer system is set to ff. I checked the valves in the box, they are all closed. I have called 3 irrigation companies in my area including the guy who came and checked the system, and not one of them has ever returned the call.

so is it a controller issue, if I replace that can I get a rainbird? This is what I was looking at.

Rain Bird SST900I Simple to Set Indoor Timer, 9-Zone

any input would be great, thanks

Jeff

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 20th 2016, 11:15am

Most of the "easy to program" controllers will likely be a problem for anyone without the instruction booklet in hand, should your choice be one that does not include a cover. Not that the cover does anything, but the inside cover does provide a place for a quickie version of the instructions.

mrfixit

Friday, May 20th 2016, 2:06pm

It sounds like you have a bad valve. Do the sprinklers stay on when you unplug the controller? Yes?

Turn the water back on. Go out to the valves and turn all the flow controls down. Or turn them down then turn the water back on. That might be easier. Then adjust the controls. Only the broken valve should be running. Or it may not. But repair the valve of the section that was stuck on if it happens again.

Could be debris in the line. Could be the flow control's open too far. Could be a bad diaphragm. Could be a stuck solenoid.