You are not logged in.

jhkatytx

Thursday, April 14th 2016, 5:36pm

Rain Bird sst-900i not working any zones

Everything was working fine. Now no zone works. I tried to manually run all five nothing. Controller seems fine and says it is watering. Any ideas?It seems this controller has no fuse, I have hit the reset.
Can I jumper around the controller somehow to test it?
Thanks
Jeff

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jhkatytx" (Apr 14th 2016, 6:00pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 15th 2016, 7:47am

Try operating a zone without using the controller. If the system functions manually, then you probably have electrical wiring problems and not a controller problem.

jhkatytx

Saturday, April 16th 2016, 9:10am

Thanks I will try that once I figure out how. Just bought this place and the 5 boxes were covered with dirt, but worked. Could it be a square shaped rod that I would have to turn?
I only see the top 1/2 inch or so.
I have an image but it seems it has to be an url to link to.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 16th 2016, 11:25am

Take your photo(s) to tinypic.com and upload them there. It's free and you don't need to register, although you might have to endure a short ad that is sometimes part of the "prove you are not a robot" process. Then you copy and paste the 'IMG Code' (second line down) into the message box here.

jhkatytx

Monday, April 18th 2016, 11:00am

Good to know

I circled it in black

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 18th 2016, 7:08pm

You circled the bleed screw, which will open the valve without the controller. Ideally, you would have less dirt in those valve boxes. You never know when a valve might need to be opened up for service.

jhkatytx

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 8:59am

I just bought the place. These boxes were covered with 2 or 3 inches of dirt but worked fine. Maybe I have a loose wire somewhere.

jhkatytx

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 5:27pm

I noticed there are wires to a master valve. If this does not work could it be the problem none of the zones work? I will try and verify with a volt meter.

jhkatytx

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 3:47pm

It seems it was a loose wire for the master coming out of the controller.

Rate this thread