You are not logged in.

cmoore

Sunday, March 27th 2016, 6:32am

Rain Bird ESP Modular Controller

I have the subject controller installed and it seems to be working sort of. It controls 8 areas on my property. All of them work fine except area 5. When I checked all of the areas yesterday that was the only one that has no water. Nothing, nada,zip. I know next to nothing about these systems. Do you think I have a clogged or broken pipe in that area or is this an electronic/valve issue? Any direction you can give me will be most appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 8:29am

You could have a broken wire, or a failed solenoid, or a mechanical fault in the valve. The one thing it won't likely be is the controller.

cmoore

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 5:23am

control valves

Thanks for the reply Wet-Boots. I agree with your assessment. Since posting the note I've done some reading and have come to the same conclusion. The problem now is I don't no where the control valve is for the area that won't turn on. It's buried. I checked with the previous owner of the home looking for a schematic or the name of the company that installed the system but he was no help. IT appears the system was put in a number of years ago and then added on to at a later date after a swimming pool was installed in the back yard. There is no central box for the control vlaves. So far I've only ben able to find one. Any thoughts on finding buried control valves? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 10:52am

Texas practice will have those zone valves scattered around, each valve in its own small round-cover box. The grass will grow over them. The quickest way to pinpoint a valve is with a cable locator you can rent.