You are not logged in.

wijayap

Starting Member

Monday, March 7th 2016, 11:59pm

ESFR Installation

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.
I have got a question regarding the installation of ESFR in a warehouse where the slope of the roof is more than 16.7%.

First of all, what does the clause in 8.4.6.2 of NFPA 13 mean? Does it mean the slope of the roof 1:6?

If the ESFR is already installed in the warehouse where the roof slope is more than 16.7%, is there a way to correct it?

Any input is appreciated.

Paul

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 10:01am

Pardon me for pointing out that this is a forum for lawn sprinklers. Not for fire sprinklers.

That said, we can all read codes, and 8.4.6.2 does set a limitation on the use of Early Suppression Fast Response sprinklers for beneath a roof of a slope of less than 2 in 12, and this may relate to air temperatures beneath steeper roofs during a fire.

One has to wonder about money when reading a question like this. Just how much is being saved by not going directly to the professional fire sprinkler trade? Amateur Hour is okay for aspects of lawn sprinkler work. Not as okay for fire sprinkler work, which is presumably generating a paper trail that would be available to code officials and insurance investigators.

Rate this thread