You are not logged in.

trevorpan

Unregistered

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 7:37am

Downstream pipe vibration

Hi,

I installed a sprinkler system a few years ago, and there is pipe vibration after the tee to the valve box. In arizona. The vibration occurs in a masonry wall, and I don't believe it can be fastened to help prevent vibration.

So, from the water meter: a tee to valve box, a back flow preventer, 6 valves with in-line pressure reducers.

I have observed that the BPD is about 12" above most orifices, but one raised planter zone is about equal in height. The vibration occurs with numerous valves, so I'm inclined to believe the vibration is caused for reasons other than the height of the BPD.

Thank you for your help,

Trevor

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 11:04am

Is this drip irrigation? It would be very useful to know what is the flow on each zone, because low flow can create problems for the valves.

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Monday, November 23rd 2015, 3:44pm

Is your backflow a PVB? If so, you might check the check valve(below the spring) and see if it is ok. If it is broken, sometimes that rubber disk will flutter and cause vibration.

trevorpan

Starting Member

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 9:22pm

Hi,

Yes, after the valves it is drip irrigation on some zones. They have a 25 psi reducer each valve. Some valves go to bubblers and a few drip nozzles.

What is PVB?

The vibration is in the wall not at the back flow preventer. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow.

Thank you!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 7:24am

You could open the end of one of the drip lines, and see if the vibration persists.

Rate this thread