You are not logged in.

Wunder

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 11:40am

Help Within Winterizing As Well PLEASE!

Hello all, I live in CO Springs CO, new to the area relatively. I'm trying to winterize but am having an issue with the air coming out of what I think is the blow back or some kind of over pressure device. I'm pretty sure Im doing everything right because I did this last year and it worked fine. I hook up the compressor and put it around 80 PSI. Valve is off going back into the house. What happens is when I put the air onto the system it immediately comes out of the top over pressure (valve?). Even when I open a zone, still just comes out of the top.

Thought maybe I was losing too much pressure at the compressor so I had my wife watch it and its only gradually going down to about 70 psi. Additionally I've tried increasing the pressure up to 95 psi and going down to 65 psi. Same issue, air just comes out the top even with a zone open. I've tried opening the zones first before putting the air on too, also no dice, just immediately comes out the top over pressure piece.

Any help or suggestions would be wildly appreciated. Great forum by the way, a lot of great info on here.

Wunder

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 11:45am

Here is a photo of the setup to help illustrate the situation.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlwunderli…157660838139062

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Nov 5th 2015, 4:28pm)

mrfixit

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 4:29pm

I fixed your link so it works now.
Where I live we don't winterize but what happens when you move your fitting to the lower test cock?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 5th 2015, 6:11pm

^ ^ ^ ^ what he said - lower testcock, if indeed you must use a testcock

also, you may need to close the outlet valve of the PVB, and the testcock, or whatever air inlet valve you have, in order to get the PVB 'poppet' to seal tight and let pressure build up. Once pressure is up in the compressor tank, you can open the valve admitting air into the system, and then you can activate a zone.

You may find you will have to repeat the process several times.

Rate this thread