You are not logged in.

jwh

Starting Member

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 11:33pm

RainBird RC1260

My, old as the hills, RainBird RC1260 just stopped working. It will not advance, and the day control wheel spins freely, not advancing at all. If I manually move the controls from station to station the sprinklers turn on, but they will run endlessly if I don't turn them ahead. I am assuming I may not be able to fix this old controller. If that is true, what shall i get instead? I have 11 stations and do not need anything fancy - just something that turns on and off at the preselected day and time. Thanks!!
^^

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 11th 2015, 7:16am

You probably just need a new timing motor. That would be Rainbird part number 622874 ~ it's been long discontinued by Rainbird, but not completely impossible to find if you search for it. Rainbird had a price tag for that motor of $105. eBay prices for a sold motor have been as high as $85 (none available there right now)

A new 12-zone controller, by way of comparison.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Sep 11th 2015, 7:26am)

Evergreen Sprinkler

Friday, September 11th 2015, 9:20am

RE: RainBird RC1260

My, old as the hills, RainBird RC1260 just stopped working. It will not ad. nce, and the day control wheel spins freely, not advancing at all. If I manually move the controls from station to station the sprinklers turn on, but they will run endlessly if I don't turn them ahead. I am assuming I may not be able to fix this old controller. If that is true, what shall i get instead? I have 11 stations and do not need anything fancy - just something that turns on and off at the preselected day and time. Thanks!!
^^
I am still fixing those timers and currently have motors and parts in stock. It may be the timimng motor but could also be one of the gears or....? Give me a call or email and I will see if I can help you out.