You are not logged in.

Idjit

Unregistered

Monday, August 24th 2015, 6:58pm

Which Solenoid Replacement?

I have a Hardie solenoid valve that is in a bank of valves originally installed too tightly to make replacement of an individual valve impossible.

The top plastic piece (that screws to the body of the valve) is cracked. Any suggestions on how to identify what replacement parts to purchase?

It didn't appear identical to any of the Irritrol valves.

I have a picture but no means of posting it....

Thanks so much!

mrfixit

Monday, August 24th 2015, 11:13pm

What if you take the bonnet off of the valve before unscrewing it?

Go to www.tinypic.com , upload the pic there and copy and paste the forum code here.

Idjit

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 2:35pm

Patent

I was able to read the patent number on it. The patent is 3591126.

I think this is the Hardie HR1.

Now I have a couple of questions:

1) If the bonnet is cracked, do I need to only replace the bonnet or are there likely other issues as well. I think this is what I need:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Valve-Replacement-Parts-p/r719901.htm

Is there anything in addition to this you think likely needed?

2) Besides this, I would like to fix this valve. But I would also like to go ahead and order enough parts or a replacement valve if I have any more of my valves die an untimely death. Is it possible to order an identical valve or something I can use to replace any part should another go kaput?

Thanks so much!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 2:46pm

Sometimes, if the bonnet of a valve is removed, the valve body itself might be capable of being unthreaded. Might.

The HR-1 valve is long gone from production. Only repair parts remain. They will remain available for the foreseeable future. The solenoids are replaceable by the standard Irritrol solenoids that fit today's production.

The other common repair part on this valve is the diaphragm assembly

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Aug 25th 2015, 2:51pm)

Rate this thread