You are not logged in.

CRASH

Starting Member

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 6:02pm

Timer settings

Please help as I'm new to this forum. I just have a question about multi start times.
My sprinklers run time are 20min for all 7 stations. My run time starts at 4:00am. What I want to do it start my run time at 4:00am for 5 min each station than I want it to come back on after all stations have gone threw the 5 min stage. Than I would like it to go back threw each station for 15 min. To equal a total time of 20min wating each station. I want to moist the soil and than come back for a heavy water. I'm thinking this will let more of the water obsorb into the soil for a better watering. Is this true. Please explain in detail how to set this up. Thank you so much as I'm new to all this.

Sorry I forgot to say

Unregistered

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 6:13pm

I have the hunter src system

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 7th 2015, 7:09am

If you have really heavy clay-type soils, then you can get some benefit from a "cycle and soak" type of programming, although that can be done on the SRC with one start time followed by a second start time after an interval of at least an hour for the water to soak down. The actual run times would be equal, and not a 5 minute run time followed by a 15 minute run time.

If you don't have heavy soil, then apply the water in a single cycle.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Aug 7th 2015, 7:35am)

Wet boots

Unregistered

Friday, August 7th 2015, 3:30pm

We live on a rocky area and backyard is a hill that's why I thought it might be better. So I would go about this setting it at timer A at 4:00am each station 5 min than go to setting B at 4:30 and set that for 15min run time each station. Is that correct? Or maybe 10min run time setting A And 10min run time setting B?

Rate this thread