You are not logged in.

OldBob

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 7:27am

auto goes thru twice

I have a Irritrol KD6-EXT KwikDial 6 Station Outdoor Sprinkler Timer and in the auto mode, it goes off properly but goes thru the entire 6 stations twice before turning off...can anyone tell me what I have set wrong? thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 8:15pm

Check to make sure you only have 1 start time per program. If you desire more than 1 start time per program, then make sure watering schedules don't overlap. Also check to see where your seasonal adjust is set. Some controllers will split a program into 2 waterings if the seasonal adjust is set above 100%.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Central Irrigation" (Jul 25th 2015, 3:53pm)

mrfixit

Friday, July 24th 2015, 5:03am

Quoted from "'Central Irrigation Also check to see where your seasonal adjust is set. Some controllers will split a program into 2 waterings if the seasonal adjust is set lower than 100%.[/quote"

Hi Central, I've never heard of such a thing. I was wondering which controllers that you know of do this?
Do you know the reasoning behind this? It sounds like a flaw in the controllers.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 3:36pm

The Toro TMC series does it. Listed right in the manual. Toro assumes that if you're using the seasonal adjust that you are water conscious and takes the conservation a step further. It is the only controller line that I know of that does it, but there may be others.

Edit: The Toro TMC series controllers split programs if the season adjust is set ABOVE 100%. Page 34 of the user's manual.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Central Irrigation" (Jul 25th 2015, 3:56pm)

mrfixit

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 1:27am

Above or Below 100% no matter, I don't want a controller deciding on it's own how I want to water.

This feature to me seems to be an irritation more than a benefit. What if I change it to 150% from 10 to 15 minutes, or from 4 to 6 minutes, does it still split it in two? You don't have to answer. I'm just thinking out loud.

Just another reason for me to stay away from Toro as my first choice. Well, First or Second or Third choice.

Thanks for the info though. I only have one customer with that controller and he programs it himself.

Rate this thread