You are not logged in.

Denise1985

Starting Member

Monday, June 29th 2015, 11:34pm

Adding a drip to a working sprinkler

I have just moved to a condo and I have a small patio. I have several sprinkler heads that water the flowers. I have some potted plants that sit on the patio outside of the watering area. I would like to add a drip line to my existing sprinkler head. Then I would have a sprinkler that worked,
and also a drip line that watered the plant.

I need the sprinkler head to continue working. I need the drip line to water three or four pots.

I used to live in the desert and had this set up. Can you guide me to someone that has a sprinkler head adapter that will handle 3 or 4 drip lines? It would require taking off the sprinkler head, adding a part where I could attach drip lines and then attaching the sprinkler back on top of the added part.

I can't find something like that anywhere!

Thanks so much,
Denise

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Denise1985" (Jun 30th 2015, 9:19am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 10:56am

An 1800-Retrofit kit is one way to get what you need, which is filtered low-pressure water for drip use.

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 11:56pm

This might be what she was referring to. drip adapter

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 1st 2015, 7:47am

This might be what she was referring to. drip adapter
That would definitely get the connection to the 'spaghetti' tubing, leaving only pressure and filtration to consider

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 1st 2015, 1:49pm

Denise if you can get a hold of a Toro 570 nozzle filter put that in the riser before screwing on the adapter.. The red filter works best.

Don't worry about the pressure. Everything will be fine.

Or shop around. Some come with a filter installed. Try the Home Depot.

If you have a problem with pressure then buy some high pressure clamps.

Ignore Boots. He likes to always be right ALL of the time.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 8:40am

To add pressure regulation protection alone, Rainbird makes a riser-mount regulator that will bring any excess pressure down to 30 psi, which is all any standard spray nozzle needs.

mrfixit

Thursday, July 2nd 2015, 9:41pm

To add pressure regulation protection alone, Rainbird makes a riser-mount regulator that will bring any excess pressure down to 30 psi, which is all any standard spray nozzle needs.

If you use the riser mount regulator there's a good chance your sprinkler will be too tall so make sure you get a swing joint