You are not logged in.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 7:29am

If you can service that valve so it doesn't leak, that probably ends any need to explore further. Did you open it manually, at the valve, to see what results?

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 3:57pm

Finally---after 4 days of digging, cutting pipe, wires, etc--problem solved.

Mr Fixit--a big thank you..!

I verified the found valve was indeed a main valve as I cut the line, capped it off--and none of my zones worked. This valve was in line to the actual zone valve we fixed. Replaced with new valve and everything normal--including leak.

The zone valve on the one inch incoming line must have been missed by the crew that redid the sprinkler system in 2003. From this old valve it ran to three sprinkler heads and with a tee to the other 11 heads in this zone. And they had to miss the tee putting 2 supply lines in in the same zone.

There was no container box protecting the valve, it was one foot below the current surface and the control wires were cut. A large azaelia plant was on top of the tee and another azaelia on top of the valve . This Main valve was tied into the 3/4 inch line downstream of the valve. I simply capped off this 3/4 inch line at the tee which was providing another source for my zone.

Sprinker system runs normal---and the *(^%^*$##%@&$^ LEAK is fixed) :P :P :P :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 6:23pm

lol Good job Jerry! I've never seen anybody work so hard to fix a leaky lateral line.
It's nice to hear some feedback on the finished project.

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 10:26am

One thing that still puzzles me is the layout of the main one inch line. From the back flow check valve and ball shut off, that I installed, the main valve was 70' away and had 2 branch lines before the main valve and four branch lines after the main valve. What is the purpose of this? As I have 7 zones in the front and 7 in the back--maybe there is another main??

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 2:09pm

the purpose is to give you a hobby :D

mrfixit

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 4:39pm

There's a chance you have abandoned valves all over the yard.
Maybe some of the pipes lead to a hose bib?

Rate this thread