You are not logged in.

Friday, May 29th 2015, 6:23pm

Hunter XCORE running without programming

Twice now I have woken up in the middle of the night to my sprinklers running (12-1 am). Each time the controller is on as if the system started up normally. The controller is in a locked garage and no one but me would touch it.

I have read all documentation on it and can not figure out how it would have started up.

I checked the current day and time.
The controller has 3 programs (A, B and C). Only A is programmed for all 6 stations.
I verified the run time for 6:30 am

Is there any other setting that can trigger the system to start up? I have cycled through every dial and setting.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 29th 2015, 7:15pm

Check the manufacture date on the controller (visible when you look at the wire connections after a cover panel is moved) and report back.

Friday, May 29th 2015, 7:36pm

Thank you for the reply. May 2014 is the date.

I was searching around a bit and actually found a couple others having the same problem. A comment from a YouTube video showing how to work the controller said this: "Every once in a while my X-core goes off at midnight. I go and turn it off and the programming is all correct with day and time. It is programmed for 6am....what is going on with this thing?"

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 1:09am

Check again - you are sure it's May 14 and not Mar 14?

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 5:49am

Yep - "MAY 14". I would upload a pic if I could but on the underside of the gray plastic under the wire connections in all black letters it reads MAY 14.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 7:00am

You will have a warranty replacement due to that controller having a brief (month or so) production run with a software flaw that causes un-programmed midnight operation.

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 9:19am

Thank you for the information. Appreciated.

Rate this thread