You are not logged in.

OJ

Unregistered

Thursday, April 30th 2015, 2:30pm

Two service lines

Hello,
I'm the process of installing a sprinkler system myself and have studied a great deal on the subject; however, I have a question in regards to the service line and POC. Due to local codes, I need to install a backflow prevention device between my main and irrigation line. This can be done easily on one side of my house where I'll be installing a drip irrigation valve and three sprinkler valves; however, running a line to the other side of the house is a challenge since I would have to run a pipe under my driveway that is 3 cars wide. I honestly think the doing the pressured water method of pushing a pipe under ground at that distance seems a bit difficult and trenching around the house through the backyard would also be a lot of work.
On the other side of my house where I plan to install two control valves, there is an existing water hose line. Could I tap into this line to avoid having to run pipe under my driveway or around my house? Obviously, I would install an additional backflow prevention device on that side, but I'm not sure if this is ok. My main questions is, Can I tap into a water hose line that is coming from house and not my main water line?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 30th 2015, 4:35pm

You do yourself a long-term kindness by having only one source connection and one backflow preventer, even if it means a long run to reach the far side of the driveway.

Rate this thread