You are not logged in.

Wildcard

Unregistered

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 11:39am

Zone missing on automatic. (Orbit Controller)

We moved into a new home a while back. I have five sprinkler zones, and a six zone Orbit controller. When programming it, it only gives me the option to set four zones. It doesn't even show the fifth. When I set the controller to manual, it shows the fifth zone, and runs it just fine.
As it is, I have four zones working fine automatically, but have to use the manual option to run the fifth. It runs that zone for the allotted time, and shuts it off when it's supposed to. Any idea how to fix this?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 12:14pm

It probably fixes with a new controller. Pros don't use Orbit products, and expect nothing good from them.

mrfixit

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 2:47pm

You're not doing it right.
You're programming the start times and not the run times.
You only need ONE start time then the zones will run in sequence.
So set one start time then tell each zone how long you want it to run for and on what days.
Don't worry about having an Orbit controller. It will work just fine. I see them all the time. They're actually quite easy for home owners to operate. The newer ones that is.

Wildcard

Unregistered

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 3:08pm

Thanks guys, I will try that when I get home.
As for the Orbit controller, it came with the house, so no choice there. I work in the electrical supply business, and we avoid Orbit products also.
I really appreciate your help!

Rate this thread