You are not logged in.

floridaguy9990

Unregistered

Sunday, March 8th 2015, 4:52pm

Intermatic timer

I have a manual Intermatic timer model #T8805P101C to control my sprinkler system. I have 7 different zones around my house.

Is it possible to program the Intermatic to skip specific zones and only water certain zones? I know this is possible with digital timers like Rainbird, but how would I do that with the pin system in the Intermatic timer?

thanks!!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 9th 2015, 11:57am

Every zone on an indexing valve system like you have must remain open, or it will not function.

If that doesn't work for you, you must replace both the indexing valve and the controller, and install conventional zone valves and a conventional controller.

floridaguy9990

Unregistered

Sunday, March 15th 2015, 7:04pm

Every zone on an indexing valve system like you have must remain open, or it will not function.

If that doesn't work for you, you must replace both the indexing valve and the controller, and install conventional zone valves and a conventional controller.
Is it possible to remove the sprinkler heads or valves from the areas we dont want the zone activated and just leave the ones we do? So basically "removing" zones from the entire system? Would that then allow us to water the areas we want?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 16th 2015, 7:58am

You have described a system run with an indexing valve and an indexing valve controller. The control cycle must make a full circle of the indexing valve and water must flow at each outlet of that indexing valve. This is not optional. The water must flow or the indexing valve doesn't operate.

If you must have more precise control and application of water than you currently have, you should make the move to individual zone valves and a conventional sprinkler controller.

Absent the replacement of what you currently have, you would have to re-plumb the indexing valve outlet tubing with check valves, shutoff valves, and bypass connections, in order to close off some zones while the rest still operate.

If you relaxed your requirements, there could be another way. If you can allow some zones to operate for one minute, instead of a complete shutdown, you could replace the indexing controller with something like a Hunter XC-800 that can be programmed to wait a few minutes between zone operations, said wait being necessary for an indexing valve to function.

Note that for the controller replacement to work correctly, the 24 Volt AC output of the new controller must match up with your existing system. That might require a new solenoid for an existing electrical valve, or even a relay control, if your system is driven from a shallow-well pump.

Come back with some photos. If you can supply views of all the supply components, and any makes and model numbers you haven't yet mentioned, another possibility or two might exist.

Rate this thread