You are not logged in.

Matt0303

Starting Member

Wednesday, January 28th 2015, 10:34pm

Sprinkler System 101

Hello Everyone,

I want to install a sprinkler system at my parent's house. They are getting up there in age and I figure anything to make life easier for them would help. The problem I'm currently facing is that I have no knowledge of sprinkler systems. Could any of you help explain or guide me in the right direction of what steps I need to take in order to make this happen?

Also another important part that I was wondering, was that my parents are not easy adapters to any kind of technology. So my question is what kind of issues/headaches should I keep in mind that you guys face and how do you all manage to deal with them?

Thanks for the help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, January 30th 2015, 4:00pm

Technology is going to be an issue so far as goes a controller for a sprinkler system, since they are all going to be solid state, unless you want to spend $$$ on an old electromechanical controller from an auction site.

Read the do-it-yourself guides for general knowledge, and see if you can't get your location added to your membership details on this website, since advice is sometimes location-specific.

Rate this thread