You are not logged in.

ListeningGargoyle

Unregistered

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 6:59pm

City Has Banned Watering Except Once Every Two Weeks

My home city (Garland, TX) in their infinite wisdom has decided to ban watering except for once every two weeks, on a particular day, during restricted nighttime hours. After I got done cursing them and wishing a plague on all their houses, I started shopping around for a bi-weekly sprinkler timer. Nothing has come up at all, even though I've searched for weeks off and on.

Can anyone point me to a sprinkler timer that can be programmed to run every other week (bi-weekly)? Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 19th 2015, 11:07am

Most controllers can get you what you need. They won't have a 2-week calendar to set up (something the old dinosaur electromechanical controllers had as standard equipment) but they do have an option called Interval Watering. You just set up a 14-day interval, and you are good to go.

ListeningGargoyle

Unregistered

Monday, January 19th 2015, 7:14pm

Most controllers can get you what you need. They won't have a 2-week calendar to set up (something the old dinosaur electromechanical controllers had as standard equipment) but they do have an option called Interval Watering. You just set up a 14-day interval, and you are good to go.
Thanks. :) Just so I'm on the same page, could you post me a link of one with Interval Watering?

ListeningGargoyle

Unregistered

Monday, January 19th 2015, 9:58pm

Read a little bit about Interval Watering. It seems to me that you can select every 14 days, as needed, with that mode, but there does not seem to be a way to select the equivalent of "every 14 days, on Tuesday at 3am". Is that right?

irrigirl

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 8:18am

Programming

There is usually a way to set that. With the interval schedule, you can usually tell the sprinkler what day its on so that the fourteenth day ends up on Tuesday. An example of a good timer that can give you that is the Irritrol Raindial.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 1:14pm

Interval programming won't deal in terms of days of the week, so you set up the 14-day interval, along with any delay-before-watering-day you might need. If you want watering on alternate Tuesdays at 3 AM, you set up the 3 AM start time for your watering cycle, then move on to setting up the 14-day interval, along with inputting a number to tell the controller how many days to stand by, before that watering day, and the commencement of that 14-day cycle.

Hunter X-Core Controllers

tx_lawn

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 10:40pm

RE: City Has Banned Watering Except Once Every Two Weeks

My home city (Garland, TX) in their infinite wisdom has decided to ban watering except for once every two weeks, on a particular day, during restricted nighttime hours. After I got done cursing them and wishing a plague on all their houses, I started shopping around for a bi-weekly sprinkler timer. Nothing has come up at all, even though I've searched for weeks off and on.

Can anyone point me to a sprinkler timer that can be programmed to run every other week (bi-weekly)? Thanks in advance.
My BlueSpray controller can do it easily. Just set an effective date that falls on a Tuesday for example, then set it to skip 13 days. We have water restriction rules here in Austin too, though not as restrictive as your town. It's once a week. The day and time depends on the address, but BlueSpray can follow it.

ListeningGargoyle

Unregistered

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 11:47pm

I ended up buying the Hunter. We'll see how it goes.
Interval programming won't deal in terms of days of the week, so you set up the 14-day interval, along with any delay-before-watering-day you might need. If you want watering on alternate Tuesdays at 3 AM, you set up the 3 AM start time for your watering cycle, then move on to setting up the 14-day interval, along with inputting a number to tell the controller how many days to stand by, before that watering day, and the commencement of that 14-day cycle.

Hunter X-Core Controllers

Rate this thread