You are not logged in.

Amateur

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:53pm

Weathermatic components

I'm getting bids for a new sprinkler system installation and would appreciate comments on quality and reliability of Weathermatic vs. Hunter vs. Rain Bird components.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:16pm

I would shy away from the weathermatic. Their valves can be troublesome. Hunter and Rainbird are solid choices that most all repair technicians will be stocked with parts if the need arises. Avoid the cheap Hunter PGPs, if at least, go with the PGP Ultra. $0.02

Amateur

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 9:19am

Thank you. I've been told that Weathermatic originally made the valves for RainBird and Hunter (and perhaps still does), and later began selling them directly under the Weathermatic name. Any truth to that?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amateur" (May 29th 2014, 9:56am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 12:54pm

Weathermatic has a company history of reliable valve designs, but a move to have the solenoids manufactured in Mexico went horribly wrong, and they are still recovering from the blow to their good reputation. They never manufactured valves for Hunter or Rainbird. Rainbird did buy one plastic valve from another company, said company long gone.

Rate this thread