You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 29th 2003, 11:57am

OK So let me get this straight...One of your zones stays on even with the controller at the "Off" position? Right? It could be a possibility that either your soleniod is "dead" for some reason(we have lots of those around here) or you could have debris in your diaphram. Let me know if I got that right....

Alex

Bob H

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 7:28am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
OK So let me get this straight...One of your zones stays on even with the controller at the "Off" position? Right? It could be a possibility that either your soleniod is "dead" for some reason(we have lots of those around here) or you could have debris in your diaphram. Let me know if I got that right....

Alex

** Alex...you've been so patient with me and I'm not doing a very good job at describing what my problem (was) and I thank you very much for your time and patience. Where I am right now is that the control box has been swapped out and a new solenoid has been installed in the circuit breaking culprit and all seems to be normal. I'm going to monitor the temp on the transformer and when access to a meter comes along, be sure that there is not too much power coming into it from the service. But for now, it's all working.

Many more thanks to you!

Bob

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Bob H

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 7:31am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Alex

** Alex...you've been so patient with me and I'm not doing a very good job at describing what my problem (was) and I thank you very much for your time and patience. Where I am right now is that the control box has been swapped out and a new solenoid has been installed in the circuit breaking culprit and all seems to be normal. I'm going to monitor the temp on the transformer and when access to a meter comes along, be sure that there is not too much power coming into it from the service. But for now, it's all working.

Many more thanks to you!

Bob

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 8:55am

Is the transformer still hot?

Bob H

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 2:30pm

Is the transformer still hot?

+++ Pretty warm to the touch.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 6:11pm

Well, It is normal for the transformer to be a little warm, but not hot to the touch. Is there any thing large on the same electrical circuit?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 7:12pm

Also Bob,
Where did you get the new controller from? Did you check out SW's prices?

Bob H

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 9:20am

(This may be a second reply...if the first one shows up.)

Alex;

The circuit also has my outdoor lighting transformer and my irrigation well pump on it.

I checked the temp again today and was able to leave my hand on the transformer...it was quite warm...but seemingly not as HOT as it had been getting for some reason.

I did check SW for a new ESP-6 and while the $119.00 price was very good -- especially as RB wants that much plus for a rebuilt -- I opted for a $105 deal here in town for a new one. Saved time and shipping.

Thanks again!

Bob

Rate this thread