You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 7:11am

Help with valve - zone won't come on

Hi,

I have been assigned to take over our church's sprinkler system. The property is ten acres, so it's been quite a job. I have all the zones working except one. When I turn the valve on manually to that zone, I can hear water running, but no sprinkler heads pop up. When the controller turns on the valve, I also hear water, but same result...no heads pop up. I can't remember the brand of the valve right now. It has three letters and the numbers like 220-050. Any help would be appreciated.

I forgot to add that I know nothing about sprinkler systems...but am slowly learning.

I remember now, the brand is HIT 220-050.... maybe 250 or 215-050. I can go look at it again if it makes a difference.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Little Rascal" (Nov 11th 2012, 8:36am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 12:21pm

HIT is a fringe brand name, with little pro installer history. If the entire system was installed with the one make and model of zone valve, you will become skilled at maintaining them, and you will start by having a spare valve on hand at all times, so you can do a complete swap of all parts, if needed.

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 1:07pm

It sounds like when of these valves malfunction, the best thing to do would be to replace the entire valve? What valve would be more reliable?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 2:30pm

HIT 220-050 looks like a copy of the Irritrol 217B valve, so they would make good replacements