You are not logged in.


New Member


Saturday, September 8th 2012, 10:35am

Help identifying part

Let me start by saying my knowledge of sprinkler systems is very low. I have an old house with an old sprinkler system that feeds off of a well. It's an AO Smith motor attached to a Homart pump (circa 1953?). The system feeds water to a device that is round, and has 3 PVC pipes attached to the bottom (representing my 3 zones). Each time the power to the motor is started, water flows to one zone. Then after the power is stopped and started again, this round device switches to the next zone. This round device does not have any electrical wires to it, the zone switching seems to be activated by the starting and stopping of the water. Any idea on what this device is? I assume it's some type of manifold, but all the information I see online are electrically powered.



Supreme Member

Posts: 5,288

Location: Metro NYC


Saturday, September 8th 2012, 11:59am

You have an Indexing Valve


New Member


Saturday, September 8th 2012, 12:23pm


Awesome, thanks for help!!

Rate this thread