You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Senatov

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 6:13pm

Ok, the adjustment was successful. It is annoying that I have to apply WD-40 on the screw of each nozzle. Thanks for the help though!

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 8:32am

"It is annoying that I have to apply WD-40..."
I can imagine. I will say I haven't seen this before, can't imagine what would cause it.
I did a quick scan of past forum posts and didn't see it mentioned previously.
Glad you got it going.

Senatov

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 4:48pm

"It is annoying that I have to apply WD-40..."
I can imagine. I will say I haven't seen this before, can't imagine what would cause it.
I did a quick scan of past forum posts and didn't see it mentioned previously.
Glad you got it going.
I contacted Hunter about it, and they said that they come like that from the manufacturer to prevent it from moving on its own, which seems like a bunch of baloney. The problem is, is that I have 2 other heads to adjust, both of them side sprays, and those have more of an issue. I can turn the screw, but it does not do anything. They both have strainers on them. I bought them from a trusted irrigation retailer that I have used for a while, and have heard good things about, so that is not an issue. They are only a few weeks old. I can turn the screw but it does nothing. I miss the old PS heads, I wonder why they discontinued them. Have you ever had a problem with these nozzles?

Thanks for the help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 7:15pm

drifting nozzle adjustments are a long-known problem - a really-tight screw is one attempt to deal with the issue

Rate this thread