You are not logged in.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 9:00pm

For home owners looking for a new install.

Get three bids.
Check the bbb.
Don't pay more than half until the job is complete.
_____________________________________________ :D
If you have to buy the parts for a contractor at the supply house to save money, you will be paying for years to come.
Your lawn guy is probably not the best choice for an install of a sprinkler system.
Yeah, you really need the backflow device.
Yeah, it really does need to be tested.
:) :thumbup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hi.todd" (Mar 22nd 2012, 8:58pm)

grey

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 8:19pm

or if you're adventurous person read up and DIY.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 12:55pm

I don't understand the warranty portion. Are you implying that a 3-5 year warranty is bogus?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 8:37pm

I was, but I have some friends that offer the 3 year warranty. I still don't understand why.

There may be some good guys out there doing that. I could have been hasty.

I knew a company that used to offer 5 year warranties and had a terrible bbb report.

That was my implication, ;(
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

SHEDDSKI

Friday, June 15th 2012, 1:58pm

for home owners looking for a new install

i just had a new install back in April and they used all Hunter pgb ? heads and a xcore 600i controller and a plumber did a dedicated 3/4 copper water line from the main in the house with a shutoff to outside next to the 1/2 inch ptek plastic water line original to the house and of course a backflow then the crew came in and dug the hell out of my yard no machine ??? but all in all a nice setup including a DRIPLINE THATS RIGHT A DRIPLINE ( i know there is a couple post on importance of dripline) to cool off the 50 arborvitae trees lining my back yard (hiding a detention pond) i did get 3 estaments he wasn,t the lowest but we got the trees installed from him too and a granite and block stairs also so it all was in a package

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SHEDDSKI" (Jun 15th 2012, 2:19pm)

Rate this thread