You are not logged in.


New Member


Friday, June 1st 2012, 2:25pm

Saddle Replacement

I've got an older poly system with brass saddles connecting everything. It appears that the gaskets on these saddles are all starting to go and are leaving me with ever increasing leaks. I have tried replacing the brass with a Dawn Kwiktap (what I had on hand), but this did not seem to cover the existing hole adequately. Is there a better way to fix these? Since I am likely to face this repair on a regular basis, I would prefer to avoid installing insert tees on all of them if I could. Might a regular Dawn KwikSeal work any better? Blazing saddles? Is there a replacement gasket available for the brass fittings? I've tried cutting my own, but that produced results similar to the Kwiktap. Thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Posts: 371

Location: Central Minnesota


Friday, June 1st 2012, 6:48pm

The only sure fix is to coupler the hole and use the Dawn (White) saddle. If you'd rather, the poly T fitting would be the fix all, never have a problem again, solution.
On another note, the Kwiktaps are JUNK!


New Member


Friday, June 1st 2012, 9:41pm

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll polish up the mallet, haul out the pinch clamps, take a deep breath and start pounding in a long line of tees. :pinch: Thanks for the Kwiktap comment as well - despite all supporting evidence, I'd hate to think my incompetence was the entire issue! :)

Similar threads

Rate this thread