You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sierra7

New Member

1

Friday, June 1st 2012, 2:25pm

Saddle Replacement

I've got an older poly system with brass saddles connecting everything. It appears that the gaskets on these saddles are all starting to go and are leaving me with ever increasing leaks. I have tried replacing the brass with a Dawn Kwiktap (what I had on hand), but this did not seem to cover the existing hole adequately. Is there a better way to fix these? Since I am likely to face this repair on a regular basis, I would prefer to avoid installing insert tees on all of them if I could. Might a regular Dawn KwikSeal work any better? Blazing saddles? Is there a replacement gasket available for the brass fittings? I've tried cutting my own, but that produced results similar to the Kwiktap. Thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Posts: 360

Location: Central Minnesota

2

Friday, June 1st 2012, 6:48pm

The only sure fix is to coupler the hole and use the Dawn (White) saddle. If you'd rather, the poly T fitting would be the fix all, never have a problem again, solution.
On another note, the Kwiktaps are JUNK!

sierra7

New Member

3

Friday, June 1st 2012, 9:41pm

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll polish up the mallet, haul out the pinch clamps, take a deep breath and start pounding in a long line of tees. :pinch: Thanks for the Kwiktap comment as well - despite all supporting evidence, I'd hate to think my incompetence was the entire issue! :)

Similar threads

Rate this thread