You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 12:54pm

Test of actual PSI and GPM - instead of trying to calculate.

For example, I run a 1" PE line out 200 feet from a 1" valve. This is the furthest away that my last head will be in a zone that will have four heads. If I have psi of 32 and gpm of 6 for example, I can use heads that will use 1.5 gpm at psi of 30. Correct?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 2:55pm

Why aren't you using pressure loss tables to work this out?

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 2:58pm

I did but I thought that actual would be much better.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 6:55pm

If you want to build it first, and see if it works second, you got company. :huh:

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 8:49am

Won't happen. I ask so many questions it's bound to work.

My calculations say I end up with 33 psi. I won't install heads until I know what I'm really dealing with. I'll hook up my 200+ feet of PE, run it to the area and test actual. Then I'll dig the trenches install PE and whatever heads will work with what I have.

So, is my actual testing method valid?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 9:36am

I know of entire sprinkler zones being laid out above ground (not by pros, of course) and buried after testing.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 9:46am

Ok. In the end it will work fine. Thanks for all the help - especially with recommending the MP Rotators.