You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

georgezeiler

Starting Member

Friday, September 1st 2006, 8:04am

Pipe Selection & Depth

I live in Kansas and am getting ready to install a sprinkler system. I can't seem to get one, definitive answer about which pipe to use in my climate. I've read on this forum that PVC sch40 should be run as the main line to the switches, then poly pipe from the switches to the heads. My neighbor had a company install his, and they used polypipe throughout. Assuming I properly winterize, which pipe will hold up? Based on what I've read, it sounds like PVC sch40 will hold just as poly pipe will.

Additionally, what is the proper depth to bury the pipes?

Thanks.
George

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 1st 2006, 9:15am

Anywhere below the grass roots is a good depth, in the long run. Poly pipe throughout is fine, in cold climates. With all the valves near the house, sch 40 PVC is common for the 'pressure plumbing' upstream of the zone valves.

Rate this thread