You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Piker

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:06am

Converting Hunter I20 sprinkler to Hunter Spray head

How do I convert a Hunter I20 sprinkler (3/4" inlet) to one of the Hunter spray heads (1/2" inlet)?

seansy59

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 2:43pm

I am not a proffessional, BUT! To convert from 3/4 , to 1/2" , you can replace the riser, and use an adapter. They sell risers that screw into the 3/4" to 1/2". Pictured below. You cut them to length with cutters. :)

I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:30pm

Sean...

PLEASE

DON'T EVER SUGGEST THAT CUT OFF RISER EVER AGAIN TO ANYONE..

They are a horrible product, they brake so often...

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:31pm

Piker

Why do you need to convert it over?

It's best to keep a rotor zone with a rotor zone and sprays with sprays...

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:34pm

To convert from a 3/4 threaded male to 1/2 , the proper way would be a 3/4 Thread x Thread Coupler, 3/4 x 1/2 Thread x Thread bushing, and a 1/2 closed threaded nipple.

However I generally go back to the source and reduce down from there instead of all of those fittings at the sprinkler head.

Piker

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 12:56am

Mitchgo,

My watering needs in a particular spot have changed due to a new paver patio/walkway, so I'm looking to water two new flower beds along side the walkway. I could also change to a different nozzle on the I20 if the conversion is too complicated.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 1:27am

Care to take a picture and post so I could throw out some suggestions to help out?

Rate this thread