You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BCRUMB

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 2:41pm

DIRTY WATER-VOLUME DECREASED?

Some of you guys may remember my posts from last year about using the ground water underneath my inground pool for irrigation. I paid a guy I know to do the job, because he was willing to "experiment" with the water supply. He installs commercial systems professionally. At any rate, it works great. There are 4 zones, Rain Bird scrubber valves, Hunter I-20 adv heads(all). The water stains everything it gets on, with red mud color. And by the way, I ran the "common" wiers to the valves thru a switch so I can disable them and just run the pump. I use this to water other areas that my system does not cover(yet). I can run this pump for about 3 hours before it runs dry, theres alotta watta down there, but its dirty and it smells a little. Wish I could filter it so it wouldn't stain everything. My transformer, cable box and telco box at the street are reddish brown on one side. This year it seems(unless) I am imagining it, that the water flow from each head is less. I have spots that don't seem to be getting enough water as well. Is it likely that either the valves or heads are getting clogged? How do I clean them?
thanks in adv for any info,
Brent

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 29th 2006, 4:48am

It is possible that the water table has gone down, and the pump, having to lift the water a greater height, is putting out less pressure. A clogged inlet strainer would have a similar effect. You should have gauges on that pump, so you can keep an eye on what it's doing, and note what pressures you have on various zones.

Rate this thread