You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JayG

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 9:26am

PVB on a water well - ck valve too?

I have a water well with pressure tank. Well Pump is 16 GPM at 50 psi. Just tied a Febco 765 PVB into the waterline and want to see if I need a spring loaded ck valve between the PVB and the 1.5 inch Sch 40 mainline? Mainline is about 100 ft Property is flat, Hunter I-20 rotors on 1" laterals. PVB is outside and 12 to 18 inches above sprinkler heads. In the country - no gov't restrictions.

Jess on Irrigation tutorials says to use a spring loaded check valve in his section on backflow preventers. This is to reduce spitting at the PVB when well pump runs. In the paid section he advises against PVBs on water well systems.

Will I be OK with a 1" spring loaded PVC check valve after the PVB and then tie in to 1.5" mainline. Any reason to use 1.5" check calve over the 1"?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 2:18pm

As long as the system pressure stays above 30 psi, the PVB will be fine. No additional check valve needed.

Rate this thread