You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wxperson

Thursday, September 9th 2010, 3:36pm

SAM pop up sprinker to stop "seeping"?

Hi,

I purchased a Rainbird SAM 1800 pop up with the intent to stop an irrigation pop up station from seeping . It is the lowest irrigation pop up on the zone.

Unfortunately, it did not correct the problem.

What could I try next?
wxperson has attached the following file:
  • photo.JPG (18.09 kB - 2 times downloaded - Last download: Jun 5th 2012, 3:31pm)

mrfixit

Thursday, September 9th 2010, 4:08pm

There's obviously something wrong with that SAM. Perhaps the rubber washer is missing where it seals. Could be debris in the sprinkler. Could be a 1804? with a SAM cap on it. Could be the only working head on the line?
--
None the less there's still a problem. If that seeping is 24 hours a day you have a problem with the valve on that zone.
Most likely the diaphragm or seat washer needs replacing. It might have debris stuck in it. It might be loose.
It could be a hairline crack in the valve seat.
The solenoid might be a tad loose.
If I knew which valve you have I might be able to give specifics.

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 1:20pm

weeping valve

I would guess that you have a valve that is not sealing all the way. Either that or you are on the bottom of a hill with the head.

www.irrigationsolutions.com

Rate this thread