You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.




Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 11:54am

Nelson 6000 Part Circle Adjustment

I have Nelson 6000s in my lawn. They was their when I bought the house. WEll one of my Sprinklers is now going all the way around and soaking my house. It us to do part a Circle. I tried to fix the Click set, and the memory ring. I think they are called. Once I get it set, and a couple days later I find it again doing full circle. Can I buy new Memory ring and click set, or will I have to buy a hole new Sprinker?




Supreme Member


Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 11:22am

While I can't speak of the Nelson 6000 in particular, when it comes to irrigation equipment, my experience in this forum generally indicates that if a component (valve, sprinkler head, etc) has a problem and it cost less than about $20 to buy a whole new component, you're typically better off buying the whole component than trying to buy replacement parts. The replacement parts tend to be nearly as expensive as the whole component; then, and repairs can be easier as rather than trying to replace a single part, frequently you can replace the guts without having to remove the part of the equipement attachted to the rest of the irrigation system.


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,219

Location: Metro NYC


Thursday, June 10th 2010, 5:52am

If you have a full-circle head of the same type, see if you can pop the cover and take the "dog drum" (one name for this assembly) from it and use it in the head you want to fix.

Rate this thread