You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

trx310

Saturday, October 1st 2005, 6:47am

MP Rotators or PGP's?

Got an acre running on two wells that are tied together. This only pumps about 16 gpm at about 45 PSI. Considered using MP's (3000's)for first time. Head spacing at 23ft. Should i use MP's or stick with my Fav. PGP's?
A sprinkler system is only as good as the grass above it, make sure your timers are set when your sod man finishes.

xeri00

Starting Member

Friday, November 25th 2005, 10:40am

Hi, trx310. If you haven't installed your system yet, I would suggest using MP3000s. They are much more wind resistant than PGPs with adjusted radiuses. Also, MP3000s automatically change the flow rate when you change the arc so you don't have to mess with nozzle inserts. Also, they are less expensive when installed on Hunter Pro Spray sprinkelrs than PGPs. They also have better distribution uniformity at lower pressures than PGPs. So my question is, why would you use PGPS at 23' spacing with all those advantages?
Mike Baron

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, November 25th 2005, 1:16pm

Why use PGPs spaced at 23 feet anyway? Sounds like overkill. If the well(s) produce sand, the PGP's might be more reliable, although filtering the debris out first is always preferable.

Rate this thread