You are not logged in.




Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 9:34am

Are sprinkler valves universal?

My girlfriends house has a sprinkler system at her house and currently there is a bad valve causing water to pool in the low lying area by two of the sprinkler heads. The water still comes out of the top of the sprinkler heads after shutoff hours later. The control box is made buy viritrol and I noticed the sprinkler heads were hunter. Im about to locate the zone with the faulty valve and replace the whole valve since that seems the easiest instead of repairing it.

My question is can I use any valve....yardbird...toro...viritrol......or must I use the correct valve to match the system? Do the valves usually match the control box manufacter?....which is viritrol

Thanks for any help




Posts: 2,153

Location: USA


Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 2:45pm

Yep, Yardbird or Viritrol or Hunter or Toro or even the old Harpy valves should work. Pretty much any 24 volt valve.

Similar threads

Rate this thread