You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


New Member


Monday, April 6th 2009, 9:14am


Hello I currently have a sprinkler system installed at my house. My question is I want to install a drip line around my house for my plants etc. I currently have a toro ez-flow 2604 not being used would that work or would I need to buy another controller ,also would I need any other materials ,if so could anyone tell me else I would need thankyou



Supreme Member


Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 12:24pm

For drip irrigation, you need a pressure regulator and a fine mesh filter arrainged like this picture of an entire kit, filter, & regulator). You MIGHT be able to use the toro valve, but I'm not sure. Some valves will not properly operate (i.e. close) if the flow isn't high enough. I tried looking for some details on a toro 2604 valve but wasn't able to find the details on them to indicate at what water flow rates the valve is designed for.

The kit shown above (sold by the sponsor of this web site and available at irrigation whole-salers like Ewing) includes a valve that is specifically designed for the low flow of drip irrigation.

Now I've had no problem using a rainbird valve designed for flow rates from 0.2 to 20 gallons per minute that simply supplies water to a single rose bush (likely about 4gph, which equates to 0.06gpm) without problems. So your existing valve might work. But depending upon the flow rate you plan to use, it might not.


Advanced Member

Posts: 53

Location: Eagan, Mn


Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 1:16pm

I use a Toro EZ-flow 2604 valve for drip line watering of my shrubs and plants around the house, works just fine. I connected a Toro 9 outlet distribution manifold that I bought at Home Depot to the valve which has a filter and 25 PSI pressure regulator. That’s all I use and it has worked great now for 4 years.


9-Outlet Distribution Manifold
• A 9-outlet distribution manifold which accepts Toro Blue Stripe Drip 1/4" Tubing.
• Perfect for watering shrubs or trees.
• 9 shut-off caps.
• Includes filter and 25 PSI pressure regulator.
• Contains a 1/2" NPT inlet.


EZ-flow 2604 Specifications
• Flow range: 0.25 – 30 GPM
• Operating pressure: 10 – 150 PSI

Rate this thread