You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

faithfulfrank

Advanced Member

Thursday, February 12th 2009, 4:30pm

Thank you Wet Boots,
you have always been a big help here.

I believe my system seems well laid out. Wherever I have woreked on my system, I have always stuck with the 3/4" pipe, actually upgrading it to the thicker pipe....( the same pipe for regular water lines in a house.....not the thinner pipe they seemed to always use 15 years ago when it was first installed).

I find working on sprinklers very interesting and enjoyable. I've done house plumbing for years....this is a whole new type of plumbing......I look forward to learning more and more about it. This forum has been very helpful.

Frank D.
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

debo

Friday, March 20th 2009, 1:17pm

If the system is properly designed, you won't be wasting water. Don't skimp on pipe size. In the days before rotor heads with built-in pressure regulators, one would simply throttle down the flow control on a zone valve, if there was too much pressure in a zone. And since I believe you are going to be using anti-syphon control valves, you do have the flow controls.
That is true but that include wind, slow, soil, etc . There is more too it then what brand of rotor.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:24am

Hands Down, Hunter PGP head.

debo

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 1:09pm

Hands Down, Hunter PGP head.
Yup, I agree, they are cheap and work..There new blue nozzles are a joke but the PGP works...I just bought 500 head of them! LOL

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:40pm

Red Nozzles. I typically use the #4

debo

Wednesday, March 25th 2009, 2:05pm

Red Nozzles. I typically use the #4
I am still using Reds all over and mostly 6 and 7

Rate this thread