You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


New Member


Sunday, October 26th 2008, 9:55am

Need to raise a Hunter G-Type Adj. Arc

I have a Hunter Professional Series G-Type Adj. Arc that only pops up a couple of inches out of the ground. It was probably fine until the previous owners installed a rock wall in front of it. Now a section of the grass does not get any water and the rock wall creates some flooding in front of it. How could get this sprinkler head to pop up about a foot? Will I have to dig the current sprinkler head deeper and install a riser to accomplish this?

Thanks from a new homeowner!



Posts: 2,141

Location: USA


Sunday, October 26th 2008, 1:26pm


You can put a G-Type on top of a 1 foot riser with no problem. I don't know if the area directly on the other side of the wall will get enough water. What about digging under the wall and relocate the sprinkler? Just for future reference. If you ever need to replace your g-type which was discontinued long ago, the Hunter PGP is what you'll want to get.

Good luck!


New Member


Monday, October 27th 2008, 10:50am

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your help!

Rate this thread