You are not logged in.


Active Member


Sunday, September 7th 2008, 11:20pm

What size Ell should i use for my rotors and sprays....?

Im in the process of buying T's for my funnypipe to attatch the rotors (RB3500), and spray heads (RB100 PRS). The heads require 1/2" FPT. Should i stick with 1/2" T reducers or should i use 3/4"...? I'll be using spiral barbed ells from RB to connect the funny pipe. I beleive the Funny pipe is 3/8 of an inch, but not sure. Pleae advise, Thanks


Supreme Member


Monday, September 8th 2008, 8:24am

It's not going to mater because the funny pipe is going to be the point of constriction. Whether you use a 3/4" barbed ell or a 1/2" barbed ell to feed a 3/8" tube isn't going to make a measurable difference.

I used 1" PVC for both my mainline and latterals. What I did, to save money and provide the most flexability, was to just purchase normal slip tees, elbows, and couplers with a bunsh of slip x FPT bushings. That way, I could turn any tee, elbow, or coupler into my funny pipe transition point. I could purchase the fittings at bulk discounts, and found that typically the cost of a "standard" fitting plus the slip x FPT bushing to be cheaper than a slip x FPT fitting.


Advanced Member

Posts: 88

Location: Seattle Area


Monday, September 8th 2008, 10:28am

My 2 cents worth


I prefer using swing joints on rotors. Many do use funny pipe, but it seems the swing joints do a better job supporting the rotors, and requiring less re-positioning. This may depend on soil type. So, in your situation, I'd use 3/4 inch Marlex threaded el's on each rotor.

I do use funny pipe on spray heads, and 1/2 inch is adequate. I use 3/4 inch. Probably overkill. Cost is virtually the same.


Rate this thread