You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2778 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 2 posts

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 4:02pm

by Wet_Boots

Make absolutely certain you have the correct valve - then carefully check the 'body' of the valve to see if there is any problems in the 'seat' area, where the rubber part seals shut. If the body is damaged, it has to be replaced.

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 2:36pm

by jduawa (Guest)

Valve sounds like water flowing through it

I have an Irritrol valve, and when the sprinklers are not on it sounds like water is flowing through the valve. Also when the sprinklers are not running there is water coming out of the lowest heads, this is several hours after the sprinklers run.

I believe this irritrol valve(the 2400 series) is the same as the toro 53709.

I went to home depot and bought the toro valve so i can replace the diaphragm and solenoid on the irritrol and after installing all new toro parts in the irritrol valve body it still sounds like water is flowing through the valve. I really do not want to dig up the whole box and replace the entire valve body.

Any other ideas? If i do have to replace the valve what is the best one out there that has a male barb on one end and male thread on the other?