You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 3563 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 9 posts

Monday, September 15th 2008, 8:31am

by drpete

Go to home depot and buy the reducing fittings in pvc.

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 8:43pm

by 3420 (Guest)

hose fittings

Thank Jeff,
I will give them a try.

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 6:06pm

by Lowvolumejeff

simplest answer

OK, not easy to find. See if an irrigation supply house (like Ewing) can order one for you.

Sorry for the obtuse answers, but we often have questions that remind me of the fella who wanted to use an elephant gun to kill a fly, so our attempt is to steer them toward a fly swatter. Everybody wins, except the fly. :)

Sorry if I made that assumption.

Still might be easier to buy a smaller lawn tractor for the smaller areas.


Sunday, September 14th 2008, 11:50am

by 3420 (Guest)

hose fittings

That would all be fine and good if I didn't still use it for large areas. You all are missing the point. I still like it and use it as it is at times. I just thought I could use it for smaller areas when I put the smaller sprinkler head on it. My question is not what to use it for in its original condition, or how to get rid of it. My question is simply where would a guy be able to find an adapter to to transition from the large female hose fitting on the sprinkler to a smaller standard hose fitting. Switching the sprinkler head back and forth it a simple 1 minute deal. I was just hoping to use the one Rain Train for different applications .

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 10:07am

by Lowvolumejeff


If you can restore it's original configuiration, I have seen them selling on eB^y between $400 - $700. You could use the profits to buy a nice tractor sprinkler for you yard. Matter of fact, since folks are often looking of parts, you coud probabbly sell like it is buy a new tractor sprinkler, and buy a nice dinner from the proceeds.

Just a thought. Jeff

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 5:21am

by Wet_Boots

If you are watering small areas, use a smaller tractor sprinkler. Rain Trains are for football fields.

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 6:40pm

by 3420 (Guest)

hose fittings

Because I switched out the large sprinkler head for a smaller standard sized sprinkler head for areas that don't need as much water.

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 6:35am

by Wet_Boots

Why would you believe a standard garden hose could supply a full-sized Rain Train? What are you watering?

Friday, September 12th 2008, 4:48pm

by 3420 (Guest)

hose fitting

I have an older Nelson Rain Train which has a 1 1/2 female hose fitting on the back. Does anybody know where I could find an adaptor or parts to make an adaptor to hook my standard sized 3/4 inch garden hose to this sprinkler?