You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4335 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 3 posts

Sunday, August 6th 2006, 12:16pm

by mrfixit

Hi there, I just installed something called "Add a Zone". It does exactly what you described. It's used when you don't have enough wires to run all your valves. Sometimes running a new wire is nearly impossibe or very costly. I've been in the irrigation repair buisness for 9 years and done thousands of jobs. I've always avoided installing this device because of the cost factor. It was over 100 dollars. But let me tell you. I was very happy with the results. I have no problem recommending it. Your local hardware store probably wont carry this. Try the following link:

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 5:25pm

by Wet_Boots

The device was named 'Doubler' and was actually an impulse relay in a sealed container. For the money, you could look for another controller.

Sunday, July 16th 2006, 2:45pm

by BTanner

More Zones

Back a couple of years ago when I was installing my irrigation system and searching for controllers, I come across an alternating device that could be wired into any zone output on any controller. The device would allow one to expand their current controller by alternating the output between two valves. Example: The device is wired to the Zone "1" output, the first time that zone "1" is fired, it would fire valve "A", the next time it would fire valve "B". Has anyone ever heard of or seen this device and know where it can be purchased?
Thanks for all who reply[?]