You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4784 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The first post

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:49am

by ranmoo

swing pipe fittings??

I have recently moved to a home that has an existing sprinkler system. The previous owner rarely used the irrigation system and planted a few trees and bushes such that it blocks the spray pattern of the rotors.

I need to relocate about a half dozen rotors a few feet (none of rotors are in sequence, so each relocation scenario is unique, though each relocation will be less than four feet and about two feet on average).

Due to the relatively short relocation distance and the potential presence of tree / bush roots and from reading previous discussions on this Forum, I think it best to use funny pipe for the relocations. Agreed?

However, one item as which I am totally ignorant about ... and this may be a simply dumb question .....

The top of the existing risers requires a female 3/4 inch diameter connection to it .... however when I search at sprinklerwarehouse and other irrigation sites, I only find what are described as male of "mpt" fittings ..... I can see that at the new relocated location needing the "mpt" .... But my question is what do I use specifically at the existing riser that I will attach the funny pipe to? Does not that need to be a 3/4" diameter "fpt"? Does such a thing exist that also has the spiral male barb on the other end to tie into the funny pipe? [?]