You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4028 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 5:28am

by orbiter

I think the riser broke off. I'll try using an extractor and see if I can thread in a new one. If that doesn't work I'll try the "slip fix" idea and expose more of the pipe. Thanks for the input.....

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 4:09am

by SprinklerGuy

Or dig up 1 foot each side of the tee...cut both sides...use 2 couplings and 1 tee.....

Make the "t" fitting the last connection....with 1 foot on each side, there is enough slack and give to insert the fitting without pinching the pipe....we do it every day....which is why you should call a repairman if you are not comfortble doing it.

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 3:33am

by Tom

you need a repair coupling called a "slip-fix"

-or- if the tee is still good and the riser just broke off inside the tee, you can use an extractor to remove the broken piece inside the tee and then thread on a new riser

Friday, June 8th 2007, 6:28pm

by orbiter

How would a repairman approach the problem. He'd be faced with the same issues.

Friday, June 8th 2007, 3:02pm

by Wet_Boots

Call a repairman? If you would ever apply tape to any sort of sprinkler plumbing, you need another plan.

Friday, June 8th 2007, 9:17am

by orbiter

poly pipe repair

I'm a fairly handy homeowner, but not a pro at irrigation systems. My mower snagged a pop up sprinkler head and broke it off at the tee. My installer used 3/4" poly pipe with barbed connectors. My problem is in trying to remove the damaged tee and install a new one. Barbed connectors are a pain at best, and with no wiggle room unless I uncover many feet of pipe, I'm stuck for an easy answer. I've looked for repair clamps or tees, but have only found them for PVC. I'm considering using a Dremel tool to cut the poly pipe along its length, wiggle the damaged tee out, wiggle in a replacement barbed tee, use copious amounts of black electrical tape (or Duct Tape?), followed by multiple clamps. Anyone have a better idea? Thanks.